The fi-7160 provides unmatched performance and market-leading document imaging capabilities. Even with its compact size, the device scans A4 portrait documents at 60 ppm/120 ipm (200/300 dpi), and is capable of loading up to 80 sheets at a time and scanning up to as many as 9,000 sheets a day.
- Skew Reducer to ensure stable feeding
- Paper Protection function to protect documents from damage
- Ultrasonic multi-feed detection for security against lost images
- Backlit LCD for easy operation viewing
- Comes with PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture providing advanced image processing functions
- PaperStream ClickScan also available for ad-hoc use to scan in 3 simple steps
- PaperStream Capture Pro software available as a premium option
|Scanner Type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder), Duplex|
|Scanning Speed*1 (A4 Portrait)|
|Simplex: 60 ppm (200/300 dpi)|
Duplex: 120 ipm (200/300 dpi)
|Image Sensor Type||Color CCD x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Light Source||White LED Array x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
(Color / Grayscale / Monochrome)
|50 to 600 dpi (adjustable by 1 dpi increments), 1,200 dpi (driver)*5|
|Output Format||Color: 24-bit, Grayscale: 8-bit, Monochrome: 1-bit|
|Background Colors||White / Black (selectable)|
|Document Size||Maximum*6||216 x 355.6 mm (8.5 x 14 in.)|
|Minimum||50.8 x 54 mm (2 x 2.1 in.)|
|Long paper scanning*7||5,588 mm (220 in.)|
|Paper Weight (Thickness)||Paper||27 to 413 g/m² (7.2 to 112 lb.)*8|
|Plastic Card||1.4 mm (0.055 in.) or less*9|
|ADF Capacity*10*11||80 sheets (A4 80 g/m² or Letter 20 lb)|
|Expected Daily Volume*12||9,000 Sheets|
|Multifeed Detection||Overlap detection (Ultrasonic sensor), Length detection|
|Paper Protection||Lag detection, Sound detection (iSOP)*13|
|Interface*14||USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|Power Requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10 %|
|Power Consumption||Operating mode||38 W or less|
|Sleep mode||1.8 W or less|
|Auto Standby (Off) mode||Less than 0.35 W|
|Operating Environment||Temperature||5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F)|
|Relative Humidity||20 to 80% (non-condensing)|
|Environmental Compliance||ENERGY STAR®, RoHS|
|Dimensions*15 (W x D x H)||300 x 170 x 163 mm (11.8 x 6.7 x 6.4 in.)|
|Weight||4.2 kg (9.3 lb)|
|Supported Operating System||Windows® 11*16, Windows® 10*16, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7, Windows Server® 2022, Windows Server® 2019, Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server® 2008*17, macOS, Linux (Ubuntu)|
|Included Software / Drivers||PaperStream IP Driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver*18, Image Scanner Driver for macOS (ICA)*18*19, Image Scanner Driver for Linux (SANE)*18*19, PaperStream Capture, PaperStream ClickScan*19, Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™*19, Scanner Central Admin|
|Image Processing Functions||Multi image output, Automatic color detection, Blank page detection, Dynamic threshold (iDTC), Advanced DTC, SDTC, Error diffusion, Dither, De-Screen, Emphasis, Dropout color (None/Red/Green/Blue/White/Saturation/Custom), sRGB output, Hole punch removal, Index tab cropping, Split image, De-Skew, Edge filler, Vertical streaks reduction, Cropping, Static threshold|
|Included Items||ADF paper chute, AC cable, AC adapter, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM|
- Actual scanning speeds are affected by data transmission and software processing times.
- Indicated speeds are from using JPEG compression.
- Indicated speeds are from using TIFF CCITT Group 4 compression.
- Selectable maximum resolution may vary depending on the length of the scanned document.
- Limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Scans folded documents of up to 297 x 432 mm (11.7 x 17 in.) with carrier sheet scanning.
- Capable of scanning documents longer than A4 (210 x 297 mm / 8.3 x 11.7 in.) sizes. When using PaperStream IP (TWAIN/ISIS) to scan at 200 dpi, the maximum scanning length is 5,588 mm (220 in.).
- Thicknesses of up to 127 to 209 g/m² (34 to 56 lb) can be scanned for A8 (52 x 74 mm / 2.1 x 2.9 in.) sizes.
- Capable of scanning up to 3 cards at a time (Note: does not set more than one embossed card at a time).
- Maximum capacity depends on paper weight and may vary.
- Capable of setting additional documents while scanning.
- Numbers are calculated using scanning speeds and typical hours of scanner use, and are not meant to guarantee daily volume or unit durability.
- Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection.
- Connection with USB 3.0 / 2.0 requires the USB port and hub to support USB 3.0 / 2.0. Also note that scanning speed slows down when using USB 1.1.
- Excludes the ADF paper chute and stacker.
- fi Series scanners do not run with Windows® 11 and 10 ARM-based PCs.
- Requires PaperStream IP 1.60.0 or earlier and PaperStream Capture 2.8.2 or earlier.
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the Image Scanner Driver for macOS/Linux or WIA Driver.
- Refer to the fi Series Support Site for driver/software downloads and full lineup of all supported operating system versions.